Vertigo Treatment in Berkeley Heights
Vertigo is a common symptom that can be caused by something small like a change in medication, improper eye wear prescription or something more complex like a neurological condition. Vertigo is a sense of moving, spinning, rocking or rotation that can be experienced when you are completely still. Moving the head can worsen the symptoms and include nausea, lightheadedness or even vomiting.
Possible Symptoms of Vertigo
There are dozens of causes of vertigo including:
- Central nervous system issues such as stroke or tumor
- Cervical spine issues
- Vascular impairment
- Meniere’s disease
- Vestibular neuritis
- Inner-ear infections
Vertigo is generally a side effect of an underlying condition. Because of this, vertigo itself is usually a condition that can be diagnosed by the patient. While vertigo does not require a diagnosis, the cause of vertigo does need to be determined to rule out a potentially serious health condition. To discover what is causing your vertigo, your doctor will discuss your medical history and any medications you are currently taking into account. Blood tests, imaging and neurological tests may be ordered for further investigation as well.
The following are effective treatment options for addressing vertigo. At Peak Medical, comprehensive treatment plans, including these options, are customized to your specific health requirements.
- Acupuncture: The insertion of acupuncture needles into planned points throughout the body assists with pain relief by commanding the body to release its natural pain relief hormones, known as endorphins.
- Nutrition: Nutritional planning is an important part of comprehensive treatment plans. By changing the patient’s diet, overall health is improved and the healing process is promoted.
- Physical Therapy: Through movement and mechanical force, mobility can gradually be restored to areas with diminished capabilities due to damage caused by arthritis.
- Fall Prevention Specialists: Working with fall prevention specialists is a dizziness treatment that aims to reduce the risk of injury when a person with dizziness falls or faints. These specialists design programs that assist patients with improving overall balance. Many fall prevention specialists also aim to create safer environments for at-risk patients.
Why You Should Visit Peak Medical for Vertigo Treatment
Peak Medical treats more than the condition at hand. We believe that true healing is achieved as a result of total wellness. By educating and involving our patients in their treatment, we aim to eliminate pain and discomfort while also boosting overall health and understanding.