Shoulder Pain Treatment in Berkeley Heights
The shoulder joint is the most mobile joint in the body. It is surrounded by nerves, tendons and other tissues which can all easily be irritated, causing pain. We use our arms and shoulders every day. It is very easy to have your shoulders and surrounding areas become injured, inflamed or have torn tissues due to daily use, poor posture or injury. All of the tendons, muscles or ligaments around the joint can stretch and tear causing pain. Pain further up the body, such as the neck, can also be due to issues in the shoulder joint. In that entire area, trigger points in the muscle can happen which feels like a painful build up or a “knot” that can be tricky to treat at home.
Possible Symptoms of Shoulder Pain
Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) is a condition that involves stiffness and pain in your shoulder joint. Signs and symptoms typically begin gradually and can worsen over time. If you’re recovering from a medical condition or procedure that prevents you from moving your arm such as a stroke or a mastectomy, you may be more prone to developing frozen shoulder.
Signs of frozen shoulder:
- Sharp pain, shooting pain or burning pain in the shoulder and surrounding areas
- Lack of range of motion
- Pain reaching for objects and daily activities such as getting dressed
- Inability to move arm
Diagnosing Shoulder Pain
Advanced imaging tools will also be used to accurately assess the extent of the damage. After evaluating the shoulder, your healthcare provider will likely have a better idea of the reason for your pain so you can begin treatment.
Treatment Options for Shoulder Pain at Peak Medical
The following treatment options are offered at Peak Medical and are frequently used in the comprehensive treatment plans that are customized each individual patient.
- Acupuncture: A natural alternative to medications and surgical procedures, acupuncture triggers the body to produce endorphins after fine needles are inserted at varying sites throughout the body. The release of these hormones naturally aids in shoulder pain relief.
- Chiropractic Care: Shoulder pain relief can be achieved through one of many chiropractic techniques including spinal manipulation and neck adjustments. These techniques are also effective in restoring mobility and functionality to the injured shoulder.
- Physical Therapy: With a thorough plan involving mechanical force and strategic exercises, the range of motion and flexibility in the shoulder can be restored.
- Deep Tissue Laser Therapy: This treatment uses a highly effective laser to reach the depths of tissue in the knee. It is helpful in reducing inflammation and promoting healing.
Why You Should Visit Peak Medical for Your Shoulder Pain Treatment
Aside from much-needed shoulder pain relief, Peak Medical equips you with a powerful tool in your recovery: information. We educate each one of our patients on a case-by-case basis to ensure that you are able to take both active and preventative measures outside of our office to make the most of your treatments and facilitate total body wellness.