What is Pain Management?
Pain management is the medical specialty that focuses on relieving pain to help you lead a healthy, active life. Peak Medical offers a variety of noninvasive treatments designed to reduce your painful symptoms and support and accelerate your body’s natural healing ability to resolve the injury or condition causing your pain.
What Conditions Benefit from Pain Management?
Pain management can relieve any chronic or acute pain issue. Whether you’re recovering from a sports injury or surgery or have chronic back pain or fibromyalgia, Peak Medical offers customized pain management services and therapies to provide relief.
What Services are Included in Pain Management?
Your needs are unique, so the pain specialists at Peak Medical customize your pain management plan. However, the practice offers a comprehensive array of therapies that relieve pain and support healing, including:
- Joint Injections: Peak Medical provides a range of joint injections, including trigger point and sacroiliac joint injections, to reduce painful inflammation and swelling. Depending on your needs, the team can bring in an injection specialist to perform advanced pain-relieving injections such as epidurals.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is the ancient practice of using thin, sterile needles to stimulate your nerves and repair the way your body and brain communicate. In addition to relieving pain, acupuncture can help reduce stress, anxiety, and other disruptive symptoms.
- Chiropractic Care: Chiropractic care focuses on correcting the alignment of your spine with manual adjustments. When your spine is misaligned, it can cause muscle tension and compress nerves, which can lead to pain, numbness, and weakness.
- Deep Tissue Laser Therapy: Deep tissue laser therapy uses low-level light energy to stimulate your body’s ability to repair and grow cells. This quick, noninvasive treatment relieves pain and accelerates your body’s healing process.
- Massage Therapy: Peak Medical offers a variety of massage techniques to relieve muscle tension and pain. A licensed massage therapist provides your massage after a consultation about your pain and other symptoms.
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy helps you to improve your strength, flexibility, balance, and range of motion after an injury, surgery, or other debilitating health condition. You perform exercises and stretches with a physical therapist, who also teaches you how to maintain your progress at home.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy: PRP therapy uses a serum made from your blood to flood injured tissue with the growth factors and other nutrients necessary for cell repair and growth. This regenerative practice relieves pain and hastens your recovery.
- Spinal Decompression: Spinal decompression is a noninvasive treatment that gently stretches your spine to create space between your vertebrae. The procedure is safe and an excellent option to release compressed nerves.
- Viscosupplementation Injections: Viscosupplementation injections deliver hyaluronic acid directly to arthritic knee joints to provide lubrication and cushioning. The injections reduce the friction in your joint that leads to painful inflammation and swelling.
Call Peak Medical today or schedule a consultation online for customized pain management services.