Neck Pain Treatment in Berkeley Heights
Any abnormalities, inflammation or injury in the bones, ligaments or muscles of your neck can cause neck pain or stiffness. This can be caused by daily activities or injury. Neck pain is very common among adults and can occur in younger people as well. Annually, about 15% of United States adults have neck pain that lasts at least one full day.
Neck pain is often located in one spot. In some cases though, the pain can become constant or radiates into other body parts such as the shoulder and arms. Taking medication can mask the pain, but the root cause is not healed on its own. The neck is very vulnerable to injury. During a fall, sports, a car accident or injury, the muscles and ligaments of the neck are forced to move outside of their normal range. If the neck bones, or cervical vertebrae, are fractured, the spinal cord may also be damaged.
Symptoms of Neck Pain
Neck pain can be minor and easily ignored, but it can still cause long term pain. Neck pain can possibly become excruciating to the point where it interferes with important daily activities. It can also lead to sleep issues, poor posture and other areas of the body. potentially becoming injured due to tension and over-compensation for the injured area. The pain might be brief, sporadic or turn into constant pain. In some rare cases, neck pain can also be a signal of a serious underlying medical issue.
Symptoms of neck pain may include:
- Mild reoccurring pain in the neck
- Pain immediately after or delayed pain after injury
- Tingling, numbness or weakness in the arms
- Stiff neck or throat pain
Diagnosing Neck Pain
Our experienced staff will take a full evaluation of your symptoms, conditions and any other issues or concerns in treating your neck pain. Depending on the injury and severity of the pain, it may take a varying amount of rehabilitative sessions. But many patients begin to feel relief after only a few sessions. It is important to maintain your health in order for the neck to heal properly, the nervous system to function optimally and for your body to function at its best regardless of any prior conditions.
At Peak Medical, comprehensive treatment plans are customized using the following effective treatment options.
- Chiropractic Care: Neck pain treatment through chiropractic care involves manual spinal manipulation and neck adjustments to realign the vertebrae. This method reduces pain and prompts the body to begin the healing process.
- Physical Therapy: This treatment option is a non-invasive approach to healing that utilizes carefully planned exercises to recover the original range of flexibility of the neck.
- Spinal Decompression DRX9000: The DRX9000C Spinal Decompression System is a gentle, non-surgical procedure that diminishes pain and tension in the neck by coercing the spine into a different position as it is stretched.
- Acupuncture: This approach, involving the insertion of thin needles into the body, has been practiced for thousands of years as a means of pain relief and as a gateway to restore the natural balance and sense of harmony within the body.
Why You Should Choose Peak Medical for Your Neck Pain Treatment
Neck pain treatment is one of the many services provided by Peak Medical. We concentrate on every aspect of your health care to not only eliminate your pain but to educate you on your conditions and improve your overall health and wellness.