Visit Our Licensed Massage Therapists in Berkeley Heights
Ask About Our $40 New Client Massage Special!
Massage therapy offers many health benefits and can help everyone. While massage provides well needed relaxation, it is also very therapeutic. It can reduce pain and inflammation in the muscles and ligaments as well as aid in recovery from injury and workouts.
We may utilize massage therapy in conjunction with physical therapy, chiropractic care and acupuncture in order to help you achieve optimal results. You will feel better and more relaxed because of our unique integrative approach. Additionally, massage therapy combined with rehabilitative care will help to increase the speed of recovery from injury.
There are many different ways in which massage can be effective including releasing knots in the body, providing stimulation that helps block pain signals and releasing certain chemicals, such as serotonin and endorphins, which produce beneficial changes in the body. For these reasons, massage can be a very beneficial part of an overall plan for health and wellness.
What to Expect During Your Massage Therapy Sessions
Each massage therapy plan is tailored to meet the patient’s unique condition or injury and can be coordinated with additional treatment modalities for the best results.
Massage offerings at our Berkeley Heights office:
- Swedish Massage: Also knows as a traditional massage, this type of massage consists of long gliding strokes, kneading, shaking and tapping motions. It can be highly effective for a number of ailments because of the positive effects it produces on all layers and systems of the body. Swedish massage affects the nerves, muscles, glands, circulation and provides for the advancement of overall health and well being.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Deep tissue massage is similar to Swedish massage, but the pressure is typically deeper and more beneficial to releasing chronic muscle tension. Deep tissue massage focuses on the deepest layers of the muscle tissue, tendons and protective layers of surrounding muscles, bones and joints.
- Prenatal Massage: Pregnancy massage relieves tensions and aches caused by the extra weight and shift in center of gravity during the prenatal period. Pregnancy massage is designed to reduce swelling and fatigue as well as enhancing energy and soothing the nervous system.
- Medical Massage: Medical massage is a therapeutic technique designed to reduce pain and inflammation in the muscles and ligaments as well as aid in recovery from injury and workouts. Medical conditions including cancer, MS and auto-immune diseases are addressed by targeting the key areas to alleviate the symptoms of chronic muscular discomfort, muscle tears, inflammation and sprains while improving circulation, lymph flow and range of motion.
- Sports Massage: Sports massage is used before or after sporting events to prepare each athlete for peak performance. This type of massage helps to relieve fatigue, reduce swelling, reduce muscle tension, promote flexibility, prevent injury and accelerate healing.
Common benefits of massage therapy include:
- Sore muscle relief
- Relief of tension and headaches
- Reduced stress and improved well-being
- Increased circulation and reduced swelling
- Relaxation of muscles and reduction of trigger point referral pain
- Increased range of motion and injury recovery
- Boosts your immune system
Why You Should Book Your Next Massage with Peak Medical
At Peak Medical, we are dedicated to providing you with comprehensive and individualized care to eliminate your pain. Massage therapy is one of the many services we offer and is generally a part of a larger health and wellness plan that will be designed for you by our trained professionals.