Leg Pain Treatment in Berkeley Heights
Leg pain describes any pain or discomfort that is experienced from below the hip to the ankle. Most leg pain results from wear and tear, overuse or injuries in the bones, ligaments, tendons, muscles or other soft tissues. Some types of leg pain can be associated with problems in the lower spine and can also be caused by sciatic nerve damage, blood clots, varicose veins or poor circulation.
Possible Causes of Leg Pain
Leg pain is mostly classified as either musculoskeletal, vascular or neurological and will often overlap.
Musculoskeletal pain: If a muscle, tendon or ligament is strained during a fall, this type of pain is typically musculoskeletal. This type of leg pain can be recognized by a cracking or popping sound in the knee or arthritis.
Vascular pain: Vascular pain can be caused by infections, vericose veins, varicose eczema, peripheral arterial disease (PAD), deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or cellulitis.
Neurological pain: Conditions marked by neurological pain may include restless leg syndrome, neuropathy, nerve damage or sciatic nerve pain.
Diagnosing Leg Pain
In the event that the pain is the result of an injury, X-rays, MRIs and CAT scans along with a physical examination may be sufficient enough to identify any damage to the leg. If the symptoms you are experiencing are more in line with specific medical conditions or diseases, we will perform a more intensive investigation to discover the reason behind your pain.
Treatment Options for Leg Pain at Peak Medical
- Spinal Decompression DRX9000 System: This FDA-approved, non-surgical spinal decompression treatment gently separates the vertebrae that surround a bulging, herniated or degenerative disc, allowing the disc to return to its proper space.
- Physical Therapy: A combination of exercise, training and mechanical force are paired together to restore balance and mobility.
- Acupuncture: A fundamental aspect of Eastern Medicine, acupuncture is practiced by healthcare professionals around the world due to its ability to eliminate pain with natural endorphins.
- Class IV Deep Tissue Laser Therapy: This non-surgical procedure makes use of a strong laser to reach deep into the tissue in the leg where cells are then stimulated and encouraged to regenerate.
- Custom Orthotics: In some cases, custom orthotics, designed to properly align the foot and ankle, may be prescribed to alleviate pain and provide added support to the feet and legs.
- Chiropractic Care: Gentle manipulation of the spine and neck is beneficial in reducing inflammation and relieving pain in the back and legs.
Why You Should Visit Peak Medical for Your Leg Pain Treatment
Peak Medical takes a unique approach to treating leg pain causes by offering non-surgical, comprehensive solutions that promote healing and wellness.