Hip Pain Treatment in Berkeley Heights
Despite the durability of the hip joint, it is not indestructible. With age and usage, the cartilage can wear down and become damaged. This causes the tendons and muscles to get overused. Bones in the hip can also break during a fall or other injury. All of these conditions have the ability to lead to hip pain.
Symptoms of Hip Pain
Depending on the condition that’s causing your hip pain, you might feel the discomfort in different areas of your body including:
- Inner hip joint
- Outer hip joint
Sometimes pain from other areas of the body such as the back or groin can radiate to the hip. You might notice that your pain gets worse with activity, especially if it is caused by arthritis. Along with the pain, you might have reduced range of motion. Some people also develop a limp from persistent hip pain.
Diagnosing Hip Pain
If your hip pain is the result of trauma or an injury, you will be asked to describe the circumstances in which your injury occurred. It is likely that several advanced imaging tools, including X-rays, MRIs and CAT scans, will be used to visualize any injuries or structural abnormalities in the hip.
Several common causes of hip pain include:
- Hip fractures
- Muscle or tendon strain
- Hip labral tear
Treatment Options for Hip Pain at Peak Medical
- Physical Therapy: This technique involves a series of exercises and physical training that concentrate on each affected area to build strength and restore the full range of motion to the hip.
- Acupuncture: Used for pain relief and to reestablish a healthy flow of energy throughout the body, acupuncture provides hip pain relief and promotes healing.
- Class IV Deep Tissue Laser Therapy: This treatment enables penetration of the deepest layers of the skin to regenerate damaged cells and minimize inflammation.
- Injection Therapy: This treatment option is generally complementary to other treatment options to provide maximum pain relief. It involves receiving a small injection of natural anti-inflammatory to alleviate pain.
- Chiropractic Care: Realigning the spine and neck is helpful in manipulating the discs in the back to return to their intended locations. This method reduces inflammation and starts the healing process.
Why You Should Choose Peak Medical for Your Hip Pain Treatment
Peak Medical formulates comprehensive treatment plans that are directed at treating the root of your hip pain while also improving your overall health and wellness. Our integrated medical facility can use multiple treatment modalities to customize and individualize treatment plans to get you back to health in the quickest time possible.