Dizziness and Fall Prevention Therapy in Berkeley Heights
When you experience bouts of dizziness, you become at risk for falls and potential injury. To prevent these possible injuries, it is important to visit Peak Medical where our doctors can determine the causes of your dizziness in order to determine a solution. Dizziness may also be the symptom of a more serious disease or condition and should always be discussed with a medical professional.
Possible Causes of Dizziness
Common causes of dizziness may include:
- Heart diseases
- Blood pressure problems
- Brain diseases including stroke or dementia
- Medication side effects
- Metabolic disorders
- Anxiety, stress or depression
- Allergies / sinus infections
The following treatment options are effective for combating dizziness and encouraging fall prevention. At Peak Medical, these treatments are combined to create a customized treatment plan tailored specifically to your needs.
- Acupuncture: The insertion of acupuncture needles into planned points throughout the body assists with pain relief by commanding the body to release its natural pain relief hormones, known as endorphins.
- Nutrition: Nutritional planning is an important part of comprehensive treatment plans. By changing the patient’s diet, overall health is improved and the healing process is promoted.
- Physical Therapy: Through movement and mechanical force, mobility can gradually be restored to areas with diminished capabilities due to damage caused by arthritis.
- Fall Prevention Specialists: Working with fall prevention specialists is a dizziness treatment that aims to reduce the risk of injury when a person with dizziness falls or faints. These specialists design programs that assist patients with improving overall balance. Many fall prevention specialists also aim to create safer environments for at-risk patients.
Why You Should Visit Peak Medical for Dizziness and Fall Protection
Peak Medical believes that the key to healing lies in a comprehensive approach to overall health and wellness. We provide customized care to each patient to address all of their needs, from education to nutrition, in addition to treating dizziness and other ailments.