Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Treatment in Berkeley Heights
If you are experiencing numbness, weakness or pain in your hand, wrist or forearm, you may have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. It can be caused by pressure on the nerve running through the tunnel in your wrist. This pressure can be created by the wrist bones or by pinched nerves in the neck, shoulder or elbow.
Possible Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpel tunnel syndrome is a condition that causes tingling, numbness or pain in the hand. It is commonly caused when the tunnel of the wrist bones and ligaments is compressed at the wrist, but hand and arm pain can also be caused by pinched nerves in the neck or elbow.
- The Tunnel: The carpal tunnel is a band of ligaments and small bones in your wrist. Painful symptoms can result when nerves are compressed by a collapse of this nerve “tunnel.”
- The Spine: Many are surprised to learn that the cause of their wrist problem may be due to functional changes to one or more joints of the neck, shoulder, elbow or wrist. Subluxations in the upper spine may compromise the workings of any structure between it and the tip of your littlest finger. This is often called the double crush syndrome.
Diagnosing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
If you have carpal tunnel syndrome and don’t get it treated, its symptoms can last a long time, get worse or can even go away and return. When we are able to diagnose it early, it’s easier to treat. Some medical testing like nerve testing may be required to confirm the case of the patient’s pain. All of these factors play a large role in making a diagnosis, although blood and nerve tests are required as well.
Treatment Options for Carpal Tunnel at Peak Medical
- Laser Therapy: This treatment option is gentle and noninvasive. A laser penetrates the deep layers of the skin to reduce inflammation and stimulate healing through rejuvenation of the cells.
- Acupuncture: Popular in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), this technique prompts the body to produce natural pain-relief hormones known as endorphins. The practice aids in relaxing and restoring the natural balance of the body to promote healing.
- Physical Therapy: This option focuses on treatment as well as prevention of subsequent episodes of the condition. Exercises and regimens designed specifically to target the wrists, fingers, elbows and forearms increase the functionality of the hand and decrease the amount of pain experienced.
- Chiropractic Care: Adjusting or manipulating the spine through chiropractic care can provide much-needed relief for those with certain types of arthritis pain.
Why You Should Choose Peak Medical for Your Carpal Tunnel Treatment
Peak Medical constructs all-inclusive treatment plans that are designed according to your lifestyle, your health and your needs to provide you with unparalleled care. Our team of integrated medical specialists can help treat your carpal tunnel syndrome without surgery.