Back Pain Treatment in Berkeley Heights
Back pain can manifest itself in various ways to cause pain, irritation and lack of range of motion in the body. Back pain affects approximately three million people in the United States annually! It is important to keep the spine healthy as it is the center of the body and connects to everything, either directly or via the nervous system. Our integrated medical facility can help keep patients to live pain-free regardless of their lifestyle.
Symptoms of Back Pain
Common symptoms of back pain:
- Numbness or tingling
- Radiating or sharp, shooting pain
- Severe pain that does not improve after resting
- Pain after a fall or an injury
- Trouble urinating
Possible Causes of Back Pain
Upper and middle back pain may be caused by muscle or ligament strains, poor posture and damage or tension involving the discs in the spinal column. Low back pain is usually caused by strains or sprains from improper lifting, poor posture, lack of regular exercise, fracture, ruptured disk or arthritis.
This can happen very easily for people who work at a desk five days a week. It can also occur from pressure on the spinal nerves from certain problems such as a herniated disc. It is important to be mindful of your body and how it is positioned during daily tasks to avoid injury. Sometimes however, almost seemingly at random, back pain can strike, causing pain, discomfort and decreased quality of life.
Treatment Options for Back Pain at Peak Medical
- Spinal Decompression DRX9000 System: This FDA-approved, non-surgical spinal decompression treatment gently separates the vertebrae that surround a bulging, herniated or degenerative disc, allowing the disc to return to its proper space.
- Deep Tissue Class IV Laser: This treatment harnesses the deep-penetrating power of a laser. As the laser reaches the tissue, the damaged cells are energized with powerful photons. This treatment has been scientifically proven to reduce inflammation and promote healing.
- Chiropractic Care: This utilizes a more hands-on approach to restoring the functionality of the back and eliminating pain. Through spinal manipulation and similar techniques, the proper alignment of the spine is restored to promote healing.
- Injection Therapy: Injection therapy involves receiving small injections that can help to lubricate and cushion the affected joint and improve mobility.
- Pain Management: This treatment option solely focuses on reducing the level of pain that you are experiencing through treatments such as non-steroidal injections.
- Physical Therapy: This involves numerous different techniques from massage and heat treatment to exercise, but each method focuses on reducing pain and increasing mobility and function through movement.
- Acupuncture: This form of alternative medicine involves strategically inserting thin needles into the skin. The process is effective in reducing pain levels as it encourages the body to release endorphins.
Why You Should Visit Peak Medical for Your Back Pain Treatment
Peak Medical believes in providing individualized care to each of our patients. The back pain that you experience is unique to your condition. Your lifestyle and abilities are just as distinctive. By taking these factors into account, we’re able to design an all-inclusive treatment plan that’s created specifically to empower you with the tools you need to improve your overall health and well-being.