Arthritis Pain Treatment in Berkeley Heights
Arthritis is a common but misunderstood condition. In actuality, arthritis is not a single disease but rather an informal way of referring to joint pain or joint disease. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis related conditions. Arthritis affects people of all ages, sexes and races. It is the leading disability in American, is most common among women and occurs more frequently as you age.
Possible Symptoms of Arthritis Pain
Common arthritis joint symptoms may include swelling, pain, decreased range of motion and stiffness. Symptoms can be mild, moderate or severe and may come and go. Severe arthritis can result in chronic and debilitating pain that can reduce the ability to engage in daily activities.
Arthritis can cause permanent joint changes. These changes may be visible such as knobby finger joints, but the damage can often only be seen on an X-ray. Some types of arthritis also affect the heart, eyes, lungs, kidneys and skin as well as the joints.
Diagnosing Arthritis Pain
Our doctors will perform numerous examinations, imaging scans and blood tests to conclude which type of arthritis you have. Depending upon the diagnosis, we may refer you to an arthritis specialist for further evaluation and advice on how to manage your arthritis pain.
Treatment Options at Peak Medical
The following are some of the most common and effective options for treating arthritis.
- Acupuncture: The insertion of acupuncture needles into planned points throughout the body assists with pain relief by commanding the body to release its natural pain relief hormones known as endorphins.
- Nutrition: Nutritional planning is an important part of comprehensive treatment plans. By changing the patient’s diet, overall health is improved and the healing process is promoted.
- Physical Therapy: Through movement and mechanical force, mobility can gradually be restored to areas with diminished capabilities due to damage caused by arthritis.
- Chiropractic Care: Adjusting or manipulating the spine through chiropractic care can provide much-needed relief for those with certain types of arthritis pain.
- Injection Therapy: Injection therapy involves receiving small injections that can help lubricate and cushion the affected joint and improve mobility.
Why You Should Visit Peak Medical for Your Arthritis Treatment
While there is no cure for arthritis, Peak Medical strives to provide immediate and lasting pain relief by developing comprehensive, multi-faceted treatment plans that aim to decrease pain and increase mobility while also revitalizing your entire body.